She had gained no weight, and lost some of what she'd gained. Very disconcerting. Pede labeled her FTT early childhood and we'll be speaking to a nutritionist and having some tests run to rule out any problems.
IN the meantime, I'm keeping a food journal of what she eats, when she eats it, etc.
We've already added in Pediasure. Hoping to try benacalorie soon.
Pray for weight gain. And if you have any good suggestions, throw them at me. (Just remember gluten free, corn free)
I'm pretty sure the people these are for, won't ever find my blog, so its safe to share!
Last weekend we worked on some christmas crafts and goodies. We met up with Jessica and Andrew, baby Hannah stayed with her grandma, and we worked on a couple gifts.
First up were these beauties.
Caity's are the multi colored ones, while Izzie and Calleigh's were smaller silver balls. I love how they turned out.
I've printed off this poem to attach to them before we give them out as gifts!
These aren't just 5 snowmen
as anyone can see...
I made them with my hand
which is a part of me.
Now every year at Christmastime
when you deck your halls,
you can look back and remember
when my hand was just this small!
Love, Caitlyn (Of course Isabella and Calleigh's will have their names instead!)
While the handprints were drying, we made some salt dough ornaments. We let the kids use cookie cutters to make the shapes they wanted. Some of them, we mixed glitter into the dough before cutting out.
TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
Just that we all stay healthy and have a good time as a family.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition? Christmas morning starts whenever the kids wake. They are allowed to collect their stockings when they wake up, but have to wait on gifts for everyone else to wake. Once everyone is awake, we sit down to open gifts. We take turns round robin, with all the kids. Once gifts are all open, DH puts stuff together/puts in batteries, while I make a huge brunch.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? I'd love a Kindle or Nook! And a small gift card to buy books for it!
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? We do a lot of crafting/baking. Mostly using things we already have in the house.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? We played a lot of card games. And of course monopoly. We do a "dirty santa" game every year, even now!
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? Cookie baking/decorating. We read the christmas story on christmas eve. PJs opened chirstmas eve.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip? If we were to leave, I'd go someplace tropical. OR some place with lots of snow.
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
Wheel of Fortune for Nintendo DS
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for Playstation 3
Kinect Dance Party Bundle
Caitlyn -- 9 years old. Trouble! Smart, sweet, and stronger than most kids her age. She has been through so much, and yet she's so HAPPY and easy going.
Isabella -- 6 years old. The middle child. Trouble - maker galore! This one gives me a run for my money on an hourly basis.
Calleigh -- The Baby. She's 4! She is definitely her own self (except when she has Cait mannerisms). She's tiny but fierce.